Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mobility at last!

Lily, just prior to her 8-month mark, had yet to begin crawiling. In point of fact, she hadn't even been able to sit herself up yet, or she chose not to (perhaps believeing that was the peasants duty to place her in an upright position).

This, of course, led to me to an irrational albeit minor freak out (as mothers are wont to do). I tried to tell myself that if she wasn't crawling until 9 months, then I could legitimately melt down. Besides, the longer it took her to move around, the longer we could put off that 'babyproofing' thing. Somehow, John doesn't seem to carry the gene for needless worry. That’s why he is able to get to sleep so quickly. Nighttime is my time to obsess..erm meditate... about this.

Apparently, its time for me to adjust my focus onto something else because she; A) started sitting today and B) can crawl one step forward and inumerable bits backward. Along with her other skills of grabbing everything within reach, eating paper, chewing on carpet lint, my keys, bits of leaf drug in by the dog, dried dinner off the floor, slobbering on everything dry, and ripping chunks of fur from any passing dog or cat, etc (all of which are very marketable skills). It appears that she is moments away from a full bore crawl, as well as pulling herself up in her crib and on anything else. She stands so well already that I fear the crawling may not be long lived and that walking *gasp* is only weeks away.

All of the sudden, it’s a whole new ball of wax. It appears that this weekend John and I will be in the baby-proofing supplies aisle at Target or Lowe's, trying to keep Lils from eating the shopping list and trying not to sob too loudly at her getting so big.

No comments: