Monday, March 26, 2007

Mommy!

Well it took me awhile to get to this, but Lily has finally called me Mommy. I mean, she has been saying "Mommy" and "Mama" and "Dad" or "Dada" for quite some time, but it was always in a sort of general sense. Sort of "I say Mama in your general direction" kind of talking. But this time, it was deliberate, definite and darling!

On our anniversary, Lily was not pleased that I was doing whatever I was doing instead of paying attention to her. She toddled over to me, stood right in front of me, planted her little feet, looked up, raised her arms, and said "Mommy!".

Well, it was the absolute best anniversary present she could have ever given me! Sounds totally sappy but I know now what all those other sappy moms meant when they said that was the big moment for them. It was a rush, thats for sure!

No comments: