Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I blame the education system.....

This evening, just a few scant days since Miss Helen and Miss Cathy predicted it, Lily Rose proved that she, too, can walk.

Over at Grandma & Grandpa Leamon’s house this evening, our little princess let go of Mommy’s leg and walked 5 WHOLE STEPS across the room. Very sturdy, steady steps too. This very day, when we went to pick her up at school, Miss Helen commented that she thought walking was going to be very soon. When I laughed and said that I thought (hoped?) it would be at least another couple of weeks, she said she thought it would be sooner. I mentioned that Lily really doesn’t stand on her own very much. Just bolt upright in the middle of the room, without hanging on to something, like I have seen Isaac do. Miss Helen looked surprised and said that Lily had been doing that A LOT today.

Then lo and behold, Lily showed us that she can walk just like Cousin Ike! Oh dear, she's a big girl!

No comments: