Wednesday, January 13, 2010

THAT'S my girl!

Lily was feeling kind of bad today. Having an asthma flareup. Little fever with it. So tonight we decided that she should go to bed early, and rather than going to sleep at the 9 (9:00 pm), she should try to go to sleep at the 8 (8:00 pm). In an effort to encourage this seemingly unlikely scenario, I started to tell her that I would give her a reward for her good behavior, should this actually manifest itself.

Mommy: If you go to sleep at the 8 tonight, I will give you...
Lily: *whispering* diamonds?????
Mommy: Um...I was thinking of a quarter but I like your thinking!

Unfortunately, she decided she would rather have the quarter. Maybe thats fortunate. She did decide that she wouldn't wait until the 8, but rather go to sleep immediately. And actually proceeded to do so. Poor tired baby!

No comments: